Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
PLEASE READ ALL REQUIREMENTS BEFORE BIDDING
INCLUDE AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE.
– Include characteristics of the individuals involved in IPV (INTIMATE PARTNER VIOLENCE) but also deals with society more broadly. (Below I will include notes of Intimate partner violence from lecture – please use them for the essay and cite (Lecture, 2019).
NOTES FROM LECTURE:
Name calling is an early warning sign, the first 72 hours after leaving are the most dangerous, Victims are 75% more likely to be assaulted or killed when they leave and it lasts up to 2 years after they have left, Victims leave 6-8 times and come back before they finally leave for good, Social support is the number one reason women leave abusive relationships, in most cases their is no “safe haven”
Physical Intimate partner violence is associated with alcohol and drug use for both men and women. (Alcohol is correlated to abuse).
Survival strategies that increase the risk of Intimate partner violence are 1) Marrying as teenagers to escape incest and Prostitution 2) Choosing a partner that can protect them from outside violence but they end up abusing them.
Intimate partner violence is Not just another “violent incident” it is
- Abuse is repeated – chronic, pattern
- Most abuse involves minor, non injury
RESEARCH: How Intimate Partner Violence NISVS is measured
- Sexual violence
- Physical violence
- Psychological aggression
- Control of reproductive or sexual health
FINDINGS: More than half (51.1%) of female victims of rape reported being raped by an intimate partner (40.8% by an acquaintance).
Nearly half of all women and men in the US have experienced psychological aggression by an intimate partner In their lifetime (48.4% and 48.8%, respectively).
– DO NOT need to provide an introduction and conclusion
– DO NOT need to be looking for outside resources to reference
– ONLY use the resources provided MUST include in text citations
– You DO need to show a level of detail and understanding that makes it evident you have been reading the material beyond
– I expect good detail, examples, supporting quotes/citations
– Your paper should adequately address parts A and B, but be sure you are still providing thought and detail for part C.
A) What are the different types of offenders in IPV? What are their characteristics? What may have led to their becoming an offender? What types of relationships do they have with their victims, i.e what makes those relationships different from the other types.
B) How do victims become involved in IPV? What are the characteristics of victims of IPV? What do they experience in these relationships? What concepts/forces in their relationships come together to keep them in these relationships and make it difficult to leave?
C)What are the broader societal structures in place that lead to IPV? How do those contribute to the problem and reinforce it? As we have reinforced all semester: context matters. What are the contexts that lead to IPV? How do these structures (i.e family, community, cultural, religious, gender, socialization) come together to make it so that IPV could happen to anyone?
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO USE A VARIETY OF SOURCES, TRY TO INCLUDE AS MANY AS POSSIBLE THE MORE DETAILS THE BETTER. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE ANY STATISTICS THAT ARE RELATED TO THE ESSAY OR MENTIONED ABOVE IN MY LECTURE NOTES. (READ ABOVE TO KNOW HOW TO CITE LECTURES.
DO NOT FOCUS ON ONE ARTICLE OR SOURCE – MUST USE CLOSE TO ALL OF THE ONES PROVIDED BELOW AND MUST USE LECTURE NOTES ABOVE.
THESE 2 VIDEOS WILL ALSO BE HELPFUL PLEASE WATCH AND INCORPORATE THEM AS NEEDED.